As we progress as a society, tattoos are becoming more popular and socially acceptable. Nowadays, you can get a tattoo done by a professional pretty much anywhere.
Wrist Tattoo Designs
If you are thinking about getting a tattoo, but are unsure what you want done don’t worry. Many tattoo artists have books full of designs to choose from. If for nothing else, the books are a great place to go for an idea. Deciding on what design you want is not the only decision you will have to make. You also need to decide where on your body you want the tattoo and also what colors you want the artist to use. One of the more popular areas is a wrist tattoo design.
If you have decided to get a wrist tattoo design there are a few things that you should be aware of before getting it done:
– Tattoos can be a little painful regardless of the location on your body, but the wrist is a little more painful then other areas. This is mainly because there is less thickness on your wrist then other areas. On the other hand they are normally small wrist tattoos, and don’t take as long to do therefore a little more pain isn’t quite as bad.
– The healing time is longer then for other areas of the body. The reason for this is because your wrists are more exposed then other places. The healing time can actually be increased by two weeks or more.
– You may end up needing to get touch up work done more often. Like I mentioned before your wrist is more exposed than any other area and therefore will fade quicker. Once fading starts it is recommended to get it touched up to keep it looking good. The more exposed the location the faster it will fade.
– Having wrist tattoos designs are easier to hide then some other tattoo places. Having a tattoo in this location means you can hide it with a long shirt, watch or bracelets. This way whatever your job is you won’t get in trouble for having a visible tattoo.
– The cost of a wrist tattoo design is a lot less expensive then other tattoos. This is because the design is smaller and the tattoo as a whole is smaller which helps to keep the cost down. Generally the larger the tattoo and more colorful you get the more it is going to cost you. Normally with wrist tattoos you only have a couple of different colors at the most.
Whatever your main reason is for getting a tattoo, having one is great. Tattoos are an expression of yourself and the location on your body is just as important as the design that you get. There are some areas where you can only have a small tattoo and others where only a larger one will look right. If you are looking for just a small delicate tattoo then a wrist tattoo design is definitely the way to go. There are a lot of designs that look really nice. A few suggestions would be Celtic wrist tattoos, tribal wrist tattoos or even flower wrist tattoos.