Mineral makeup is rapidly gaining popularity due to the fact it contains minerals derived from planet earth. Cosmetic products made entirely of natural minerals, such as mica, titanium oxide, ultramarine & zinc. These minerals are finely ground, and have a little added color so that when applied with a makeup brush, you have an even, natural-looking layer of powder that provides a healthy glow to your beautiful brown skin.
This type of makeup is extremely popular with Women of Color & fairer skinned women alike because it is preservatives free & contains no dyes or chemicals that can irritate your skin, the types typically found in traditional cosmetic products. In recent years, the spotlight has focussed on the chemicals contained in makeup & many women are beginning to realize that their makeup is not doing their skin any favours. If you have suffered breakouts of acne or rash when using conventional products, or if you just want the lightest covering possible, maybe you should consider this type of makeup. It is great to wear and it nests perfectly with the current makeup trend that leans more towards the natural look. These products may just be the answer to a growing demand for natural products that do work. I have outlined the benefits to be gained from mineral makeup below.
1. Because the powder is completely dry, it guards against humidity & will not support the growth of bacteria, so there will be no best use by date
2. Natural powders will not clog pores, and will protect your face against UV rays
3. Looks natural, feels great & is really easy to apply yet still hides most imperfections and blemishes.
4. Does not contain oil, fragrances, dyes, or other pore-clogging ingredients
5. By adding more powder you will increase coverage
6. Brilliant for all skin types, skin tones, and women of all ages
7. Awesome for sensitive and acne-prone skin. Many of the mineral cosmetic companies ensure this type of makeup is beneficial for skin types with specific needs. If you have skin issues such as oiliness, acne, rosacea, discoloration, visible signs of aging or allergic reactions, you may want to consider one of these natural lines of cosmetics.
There it is! The huge success of mineral cosmetics is driving established, as well as new cosmetic companies to produce more new brands of mineral cosmetics everywhere. Typically included are: foundation, bronzers, veils, blush, eye shadows, and lipstick. To complete the ranges, some of them are also introducing skin care lines as well. Summing up, great coverage that you control and, a large selection of colors for all skin types and complexions.